In Lovin Memory... | Teen Ink

In Lovin Memory...

May 22, 2013
By Saul maldonado BRONZE, New York City, New York
Saul maldonado BRONZE, New York City, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It all started with a situation in our nation,

That plays a role in discrimination. The situation had to do with our own law breakin.

The rights of the blacks were taken, this was know as the civil rights...movement.


In 1953, Emmett Till at the age of fourteen,

Came from Chicago, Illinois to visit his uncle in Money, Mississippi.

The old Man’s name was Moses Wright, Emmett loved him with all of his might.

What young Emmett didn’t know was that this little road trip would lead to the end of his life.


One night on the porch of the mini market, Emmett and friends were having some fun and enjoying the cool night, but things changed when Emmett said,” Hey I got a girlfriend and she is white!”

His Friend responded saying,”Fine I dare you to ask out the white girl in the mini market alright?”

He walked into the market as confident as far,and soon walked out blowing kisses and whistling at her.

The white girl from the market told her husband what Emmett had done, and he used that as a motivation for pure destruction.


The next day, Mr. Bryant and another man went to his uncle’s home approached Mr. wright.

Askin if they could see him and Emmett Till with a voice in might.

Mr. Wright answered and Mr. Bryant took Emmett to their car, and vanished from the scene in plain sight.


Three days have past with Emmett nowhere to be seen.

Until a fisherman found a corpse, that was hideously ugly.

Was that Emmett Till, could it really be?

The two men were arrested for Murder and kidnapping.


Oh yes, there was a trial, but Mr.Bryant and J. W. Milam won the case, sadly,

His body was sent back to Chicago, Illinois to have a open funeral.

Many people came to feel Emmett Till’s Pain.

This showed the world the kinds of things that went down in the south.

It shocked the world, it shocked reality.

No matter how many minutes, hours, year pass or even centuries.

Emmett till will always be apart of history.


In loving memory of Emmett Till.