The Fear | Teen Ink

The Fear

By ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah
ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah

"All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

Deathly afraid, a slave of the fear
Her slender wrists long bound
And I waste my years
Confined in the fear
Lost, to ne’er be found

I’ve been worrying all of my days
My eyes flit nervously so
For the little ways
To escape the haze
Still the restlessness grows

Stumble, stunned by the paralysis
The anesthetic of fear
It’s all blasphemous
Hand-in-handedness
Wringing out my tears

In the void I long to feel alive
All I’ve been so far is numb
For passion I strive
On something to thrive
Not under another thumb

The oppression of fear weighs me down
Wishing on stars to be free
Instead I shall drown
Dead without renown
Fear silenced my plea

on May. 30 2014 at 4:15 pm
papayajuice13 GOLD, Tel Aviv, Other
I can really relate to the feelings you expressed in this poem. I liked it a lot, especially the last stanza which you worded really well. 

ephemeral GOLD said...
on Jun. 2 2013 at 5:47 pm
ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah

Thank you! I'm glad the rhyme scheme worked out in way that people could interpret its significance to the poem and I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

ephemeral GOLD said...
on Jun. 2 2013 at 5:46 pm
ephemeral GOLD, Park City, Utah

Thank you, that's also one of my favorite line ^^ I had no idea I was portraying chaos like you and Metal4Lyfe666 said, but if I accomplished a meter that complements the poem's subject matter, all the better!

on May. 30 2013 at 4:47 am
Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland

"I'd rather hate you for everything you are. Than ever love you for something you are not. " FFDP "You're born alone and you die alone" FFDP "I wonder out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed." Slipknot " If youre 555 then I am 666"

Very unique rhyme scheme to fit the overall feeling I got which was chaos... I thought this poem was very appealing! Wonderful job!

on May. 25 2013 at 10:59 pm
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I love the rhyme scheme in this. You managed to portray chaos and confusion while still keeping the poem in some kind of order. Each of your lines seemed very planned, which I liked. My favorite was probably “The anesthetic of fear”. There was an unease to everything that you captured quite well.