Learning Love | Teen Ink

Learning Love

“A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. The passion of love, many sit and dream of the one they wish to be with. Many plan weddings will others wait for that special someone to wisp their way. Some will do anything for that feeling of love while others avoid it. Some live for love while others die without it. The passion of love, so contagious it will linger no matter how you feel, lonely, sad, happy or mad, so contagious that one day you and I will catch it. Love breaks hearts but heals many. One thing we all will look for is what is love? Is it a feeling? Does it have a meaning? Does it take two to love? Is love a gift or a burden? Love, A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. Love, is it really there?”

You wouldn’t believe how much you can learn about “love” in 4 months, I do. Wow it’s a never ending roller coaster of ups and downs and twists and turns. It’s amazing if you might ask, nothing can top what you feel when your simply in love. I never really grasped the fact that love may end on me and I may never feel it again. Yes I was in love and quite deeply, I felt like I was on top of the world playing with the big white clouds. I really don’t know why I’m writing this or who I’m writing this for, maybe for me or for anyone that stumbles upon it. Let’s just say I’m fascinated by love because of many emotions come with it.
The poem is simply about what is love? I never really knew what it was but we all have seen it or people that have it and yet we still never understand what it is until we have it. How do you know you are? You just know you are, you can feel it and just about touch and hold it. Never give it up without a fight and never throw it away, love is the greatest thing you could possibly ever want in your ever going life. I wrote the poem because I felt like I was in love but I wasn’t loved back I felt almost lost. “Well what is love? “ I thought. “How come I can only be in love but the other wont?” I still try to figure that out, so many questions but as always very little answers.
Losing loving, love is gone, or are love will die. I never really understood any of these, how can you be in love but in a second it can be all gone? Even the worst possible thing that may bring down someone’s love or people in love. Love may seem lost but sometimes love only sleeps and can be awaken at any time. If someone’s lost love towards you or it is fading away over time, they never loved you. Love never dies and I strongly agree, no matter how hard you try to get rid of love it’s stuck with you forever.
You have to learn from what you had and like always some have to move on. I know I will and I know I can, but I know I always remember what I did have. It can be easy to move on and find your next love but it’s nearly impossible to forget what you had before. Memories, You can’t live without them and you will always need them. One last thing before I end this short little paper of what I’ve learned about love so far is, If love seems to have fallin asleep keep searching because love is all around and there is always someone waiting to fall in love with you.