Gone Forever | Teen Ink

Gone Forever

I thought you would be mine forever
That I would never say goodbye
Yet we changed and went our seperate ways
And deep inside it makes me cry

You were my absolute everything
The only one to truely love me for me
And now there's no one for me to call my own
Ever since that heartbreaking date of August three

How could I say those things to you
That I hated you and didn't want your love?
I just want you to know those words never true
And that we fit together like a hand in a glove

I believe we were meant to be
And it's unbearable to think that we will never work this out
I want you to be mine again
But now it's time for me to doubt

My feelings for you were sincerely real
And I will continue to endeavor
I will not give up this fight
But I truely do think you might be gone forever

I believe almost every teenage girl out there has endured a painful breakup. It might have been their call, like it was mine, but that doesn't take away the sting of having him gone. I haven't seen my ex-boyfriend since I ended our relationship but I still have sincere feelings for him. This piece was written when I was feeling the pain of the hole left in my heart from leaving him. I just want all the girls who read this poem to realize that once you say those words, you can't take them back and you might just regret them. So don't let the one important person in your life leave without understanding the consequences you'll endure afterwards. Once you truely love somebody, no matter what they do, you will not ever truely hate them. I hope this poem speaks to at least one teenage girl and that she will make the correct decision and end up happier than I am currently. Hopefully I, and all the other readers of this poem, find the right guy for me and maybe it wasn't my/their ex because "everything does happens for a reason".