Who I Am | Teen Ink

Who I Am

I think I need some time. Some time to be alone. I know I hear the chimes, I know they're calling me home. My friend, can't you see? I just need some room for me. I hope you understand that I'll do the best I can.

Until I'm sure of who I am, I'll never find someone again. To make me who I want to be. I'll always just be me.

Please don't yell at me. I'm afraid I might scream back. I'll talk and then you'll see. It's not common sense that I lack. This is what I need. I'm taking the lead. I hope you understand that I'll do the best I can.

And I can see it in your eyes but you've got to know that I'm here to stay. I just need to say that I'm trying to stop my lies.

Until I'm sure of who I am, I'll never find someone again. To make me who I want to be. Until I'm sure of who I am, I'll never find someone again. To make me who I want to be. I'll always just be me.

This poem is actually a song. I got the inspiration from Disney's Camp Rock and the Jonas Brothers. It is about someone who is confused about themself and needs to stop looking in others and truely search their own soul. This is the story of my life. I'm sure many others go through similar problems but we always need to remember that our true friends love us no matter what and to be happy, we need to be ourselves. So let your light shine and be a beacon to others.