The Sky Bird | Teen Ink

The Sky Bird

August 29, 2008
By Anonymous

Great long wings, longer than an eagle’s.
Hawk’s beak, lengthy and broad, perfect for biting and nipping and cutting.
Peer carefully through your binoculars; look into the dusky, blue sky. There you see her, the sky bird, her wings move swiftly, they seem like an enormous, white blanket covering the heavens.
They sky bird is different from the others; never wavers in a storm, doesn’t cry out even in excruciating pain.
A symbol of determination in aerodynamic form.

The author's comments:
14 Skagit Key
Bellevue, WA 98006
August 28, 2008

Stone Soup
Submissions Dept.
P.O. Box 83
Santa Cruz, CA 95063

Dear Sir / Madame:

Attached is my original poem. Would you please review it and publish it?

I am an published young writer. At three years old, I began learning how to read and write, and studied privately with Ms. Jean Volker from 1998 -2005.

My passions are reading, creative writing, and rock climbing. I speak English and Mandarin Chinese fluently. Currently, I attend Islander Middle School, were I am a member of the track and cross country teams. My family and I have vacationed in Puerto Rico, France and Italy. It was a quite fascinating for me to see the Louvre Museum (Paris, France) and visit the Roman ruins of Pompei.

Thank you very much for your consideration.



Most Sincerely,




Blake Anne Snelling
7th Grade Student at Islander Middle School
Age: 13