I Never Believed in Love

I've never believed in love.
Never found it possible,
Never found it satisfying,
Perhaps I was too naïve,
Too confused,
Too scared.
Or perhaps all three.

But things are different now,
I've found something wild,
Untamed and
Undefeated.
I am unsure when I stumbled upon it,
Or when your eyes first met mine.

All I know now is this is real.
Genuine.
Sweet and pure.
Like fresh honey.
Sometimes, a person has to
Endure some bees,
Get stung a little,
To reach something worthwhile.

Sometimes,
A person has to walk through a desert
To reach their ocean.
One has to fall a little,
Before they can fly.
Yet everyone has to fight a little,
In order to die.

I never believed in love.
Never found it reachable,
Never found it fulfilling,
Maybe I was childish,
Or too naïve, or too scared,
Probably all three.
But not anymore,
Because you've changed me.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 1:11 pm
So true! Very powerful and full of depth! Keep on writing! ^_^ you're a wonderful writer! thanks for sharing this! <3 for you, TevyRae!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:35 am
Oh My! WOW This is really good, I love the examples that you put in and how you started and ended, both were awesome,... Though I must say I still can't pretty much believe in it, but that's just me LOL... This poem is Amazing.

Valery5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
good job ! ! !  

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really good i liked how its like maybe i'm being childish cause sometimes it feels like that i love your word chocie keep it up

BrittyBrit said...
very gooddd, keep up the fantastic writing!  : )