A Thought

There once was a time
That I thought I was in love
His sweet heart was what I sought
I thought that he was sent from above

Soon I started to notice
How sweet he could be
Not many knew who he was
‘Cause he was hiding where very few see

As he came to know me
After a certain amount of time
He saw what was truly me
Other than I know how to rhyme

We soon became acquainted
And great friends is what we became
But tragedy is what awaited
Little did I know it was a game

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:20 am:
Great poem! It was sad and mysterious, great job :) 

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23 at 7:32 pm:
Its a nice poem I thought the way it was executed didn't flow that well. But all in all I liked the mystery as well. it was a nice poem

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 23 at 6:17 pm:
Hey there! I love the mystery in the title, it's great, you don't know where the poem is going to go! Then, you read the second line and you feel bad, you know this won't end well. It's very good! The rhythm is wonderful, flows really nice. Word choices are very well chosen! The last stanza is so sincere and sad. The last line just tears the reader to pieces, they knew it'd end bad, but you just worded it with such emotion and ripped out my heart. You use emotion very well! G... (more »)