drinking from a glass | Teen Ink

drinking from a glass

By inferno321 SILVER, Oxon Hill, Maryland
inferno321 SILVER, Oxon Hill, Maryland

Drinking from a glass I can see a reflection at the bottom. A boy who is hurt, a mother who is lost, an a father who can't save them. Drinking from a glass I can taste the boy feelings. Blood that taste like wine, wine that taste like hate, hate that taste damage. A damage mind, a damage body, an all he have left is his mother to repair him. But can the mother do it alone? Why is the father out drinking and never home? Everything will be ok she said. Life will get better she said. If a heart break can it still beat? If you have no air can you still breathe? The mother told the boy things that could come true but what did the father do? Sip by sip i can taste her tears, i can taste her anger toward the one man she needed support by....the father. Can the father help them? Will the father put down the bottle an talk to them? Will he blow his last smoke an watch it disappear? What must the boy do to please his own father. Is being alive not enough? The boy is lost in his own covers refusing to wake up. Dreaming about the time when their was another boy younger than him who was still around playing a laughing till the sun came down. The mother was happy and the father was too. That dream of all dreams....the boy woke up with no words to say. Wishing he could go back to sleep but their is school today. Why must i and only i taste the tears of damage boy, a broken mother, and a forgotten father. As i look into my glass i can see it is empty. So why am i still drinking from this glass?

life is life you can ether live up to it or regret having it