Stand Up | Teen Ink

Stand Up

By HopethroughFaithInGod BRONZE, Perry, Michigan
HopethroughFaithInGod BRONZE, Perry, Michigan

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" - Issac Newton (i think?)

What once was hope is now despair,
as the smell of evil fills the air,
leading ignorant lives came with a cost,
and now we hope our freedom isn't lost.

We are controlled and told what to think,
as we are stripped from our rights' link by link,
greed and selfishness has filled our ranks,
as the weak are crushed beneath their tanks.

NOW is the time to rise up and fight,
now is the time to do what's right,
strength in numbers is what we'll use,
we have nothing more to lose.

This country we live in was made by us,
our government now is far from just,
their hate will be sharper than a knife,
which means obtaining freedom will cause much strife.

Hope and Faith will lead the way,
into very better days.

This is a piece I wrote about Rebellion and how corrupt the government is in America these days... and the poem is basically calling for a second revolution.

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

I like your flow and how you ended it with you name and everything your can always revise but i can't see what you could

ill try and revise it tonight or tomorrow thanks for the help :)

thank you sooo much!!!!!!!! :D

MariahPotter PLATINUM, Lansing, Michigan

“We dream in our waking moments, and walk in our sleep.” -scarlett letter

Haii, :) first ill start out with the postive comments then the bad, 1. i like the topic you choose, 2. i like how you held strong in your rhyming scheme, 3. I like some of your wording (ex. stife, hope, faith) 4. I like the positive ending 5. its a pos/neg poem, it gives some life to it.   what i dont like is: 1. you could use some better wording (ex: our meek and fragile souls, grounded deep with in the soil, we're trampled as dross, and they disregard our toil.) 2. You use way to much positivity. this is a poem about being inferior, so id stress your position as a inferior person in comparison to the government. 3. Id make a twist in this poem, and start off your poem with distress, and be dramatic about your toil and pain as an inferior to the government, but you dont say your talking about the governemnt or clue in TOO much... but just a little to get readers guessing, then at the end, reveal that its about the controlling government, and make the ending DRAMATIC. 3. I wouldnt list off a bunch of things wrong with the gov, instead, focus on one negative characteristic, like how its controlling, or oppressive, or corrupt. Not all three of those things just one. 4. Use more passion, be more dramatic, show your hatred and fear of being oppressed and having your rights taken away. almost scream at me about it. 5 lastly, I feel like your poem is more about whats wrong with the gov, not about standing up against it. i feel like you should start out the poem with how sad and mad you are about the gov, then build and slowly grow your rage and make it more apparent, then by the end, you tell the governement whats up, yell at them, tell them who'sa boss.   This is just my imput, you it if youd like. Its a good poem but there is ALWAYS room for improvement!