Come, Let Us Speak of Worldly Things

Come, let us speak of worldly things
for I have heard nightingales sing
Quick, drink of nectar, honeydew!
But stay not long, for I am due
and harried and, then, Time does fly

As fast the clock she ticks away
as fast the Moon drinks up the day
and, drunk on her irony, lies
upon the clock-face of the sky
where she, with Time, bleeds out the day

Come, tear away the hands with me!
Gold astrolabes from tyranny -
and lay of them so far away
that we just might still fool the day
But mark, the Night is clever and she
regardless of your tricks, will stay

Thus let us speak of worldly things
for soon our nightingale shall sing

JohnPaulGeorgeandRingo said...
Apr. 2 at 11:56 am
Very nice! I really enjoyed this. Often teenagers lose the sheen of a poem by trying to make it overy deep, yours was not one of these poems! I really liked it

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm not very good at interpreting poems, but it had a nice flow and word choice, and what meaning I could get out f it (just because of my own inept skills, no fault of your own (:)) was really cool.  This was a very good poem!!

Amaranthinium This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! And thanks for taking time to read so much of my work, haha. You're awesome :)

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
lol, thanks you too XD