Paradise | Teen Ink

Paradise

By mike20 BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware
mike20 BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware

Many people when they think of paradise, they think of a beautiful quiet beach some where. But my paradise is located in South Bend, Indiana where the University of Notre Dame is located. I am a die hard Notre Dame Fighting Irish fan. When I arrived in South Bend, I felt like I was where I was supposed to be all my life. I instantly felt a part of the loving community. Everybody was waving and saying hello. We went out on a walk in the morning of the big football game, and we walked to the golden dome. It is a sight I will never forget, seeing the sun light glisten of the bright golden dome of the building sent shivers through my whole body. We went home after 4 hours of walking around on the campus to get ready for the game. With two hours before game time, we toured around the stadium. Then I met a man who is my role model now. His name is Manti Te’o. He is the middle line backer for Notre Dame. After we talked we went back up to our seats and got ready for the game. During the game I did push ups in the crowd. It got every difficult when Notre Dame was scoring every drive but I kept going. The final score was 42-14 Notre Dame defeating Pitt. I go back to my paradise every year. And it is still one of the best moments of my life.