Yeah, Whatever | Teen Ink

Yeah, Whatever

By blake326 SILVER, Budd Lake, New Jersey
blake326 SILVER, Budd Lake, New Jersey

"Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Elbert Hubbard

An Aeon of resolution awaits at the end of the great year. Far too long overwhelmed by a shadow, look up and face the caster for he darkens your existence. By bloodshed this era began and by bloodshed it shall end.

We are told to keep our eyes on our feet to assure that we do not trip. We hone in on our attempts for salvation to watch for missteps, oblivious to the shadow beneath our very shoes. Since we have always faced down this shadow is something ordinary. Something that has always been, at least in our lives and the lives of our parents. This is not the way it has always been. There was a time when the only shadow cast on your life was your own. Its time to look up and see who the caster of the shadow is. Observe who is dimming your life and the power he wields. Besides mandatory taxes and laws the caster has nothing other than the ability to block the sun and act as the the all-important object in the sky. This shadow is the same for each and every one of us on this planet. It is time to say move aside, let the sun beat down, and let me live my life. By blood shed the shadow put us in this position and by blood shed we will have to get out.

I wrote this drunk. So, Yeah, Whatever.