Untitled

To the time when there were unicorns
And happily ever afters.
When pink had strangely vibrant hues
And high heels were plastic.
When teeth were still pearls
And friends were still kind
When chests were still flat
And boys not on our mind.
When grass was not greener but home to the fairies.
And sugar not sweeter but crystals and berries.
When heartbreak was over chocolate candy.
When chubby was cute and monsters were scary.
No it’s not drugs and no it’s not crazy.
It’s when you open your eyes
And it’s still kind of hazy.
Is it dreamland?
No one can tell.
It doesn’t matter. I’d like to go there.
I just need the right magical spell.

PaperArmageddonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 8:56 pm:
Whenever I want to revisit my childhood, I listen to Disney songs and dance around in my jammies. ;) I totally love this poem!!!

FemmeGeekThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:16 pm :
Thanks!! I love Disney too :)

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 8:33 pm:
I completly agree with you.I think you captured youth perfectly! Keep writing!

Apr. 18 at 4:32 pm :
Thanks sooo much! I appreciate the feedback. :)

GleekGamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 18 at 5:53 pm :
I think this poem was awesome! I miss childhood too! I have no qualms. :)

Apr. 18 at 6:11 pm :
Thank you!!!