Why? | Teen Ink

Why?

August 17, 2008
By Anonymous

Did you see that, I can't believe that...

What's happening in my world today?





Hungry children with no place to stay...

Did you see that hungry man on the corner begging for food,
why didn't you help him, oh, you weren't in the "helping" mood...

"I gave a dollar to a man last month,"





You let go of your guilt as you said,as that poor man sits and begs to be fed...

"Can you believe that gang fight yesterday!"




Makes me wonder how they got that way...

Why are people so insane, all this violence,




it corrupts the young one's brain...


Did you see that, I can't believe that...
Those planes blew up into that building, and as it crashed those innocent lives were gone in a flash...

With the twin towers no more, and the world being at war, people who had faith in God, their faith is now unsure...

Did you see that, yeah you saw that, but you chose to pass it by.
And the only thing people should ask you, is well WHY?


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem a couple of weeks back as I was, for some reason, just thinking about the different things I have seen in the world. I always see people pass by other people in need and I have always wanted to ask them why couldn't you have helped. I mean, I know a person can't always help, but it seems people barely help at all now. Some of these famous people on tv who are helping charity are only doing it to impress the public and get more money from magazines. And that is what I think the difference between the adults and youth is: they do it for the fortune and fame, youth do it to make a change...