One Tree | Teen Ink

One Tree

January 14, 2013
By dannybb123 SILVER, New City, New York
dannybb123 SILVER, New City, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Trees are known for their beautiful leaves upon them. They dance in the wind, droop in the rain, and grow towards the sun. But all good things must come to an end. Soon as the air becomes more dry and the nights more cold the leaves change color. Leaves slowly detaching from their mother and fall to the ground. Leaving no purpose, only to be swept away. They lose their connection to life and wholeness. The tragic first day of Autumn.



Out of all the trees in one forest. There is always an innocent, weak tree that gives into Autumn’s rath first. The leaves on the tree slowly turn shades of yellow and orange. The leaves turn more crisp and do not compare to the green of the other trees. The branches start to droop and the tree grows shorter.


Trees are known for their beautiful leaves upon them.

Dancing in the wind, droop in the rain, and grow towards the sun.

Autumn approaches with it’s cold rath, there is always one weak tree that gives in first.

Leaves detach, fall to the ground leaving no purpose, only to be swept away.


The author's comments:
One Self En Mas