Finding Hope | Teen Ink

Finding Hope

By rogueleader BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
rogueleader BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."

John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

The dictionary says Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. I believe that. But Hope is something more. Hope can come in any form. Hope can be anything, anywhere. Hope is that little spark that says “you can do this”. Hope is that last glimmer of faith in a bleak, impossible future. Hope is the last light that can illuminate the darkest night, decimating all shadows. Hope is the last bit of color left in a washed out world, just waiting to come alive and take back what belongs to it. Hope is a hibiscus bud, waiting for the perfect moment to bloom and dazzle everyone with its amazing purity and flawless charisma. If you ever find yourself looking for Hope, stop. You don’t have to look for it. This spark, this glimmer, this light, this color, this flower, will find you in your moment of greatest need and get you through it. Don’t give up on this delicate but ever powerful force. You can’t find Hope. It’s always been with you, and will always be with you. Never, ever, give up on Hope.

I wrote this when we found out my neighbor and my other's very best friend was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer. She is now in remission. Here's to you Mrs. Barry!

poopaduke said...
on Jan. 14 2013 at 11:44 am
Love it! So awesome