To one in Paradise

A temperament not for the sane
where tumult thrives groping for the shore
like waves in battlement stranded at sea.
I bid you an invitation -
to paradise of course
- boring not the darkness of day
nor the illuminated night,
but a sweet reverie
scented with a poets smile.

To one in paradise-
I address you as so
- thrive not under the poets pencil,
for melancholy drudges there,
but progress below the dim view
of dewy clouds and perfumed flora alike.
May the seraphs mingle among you,
staining the tainted air with a crystalline delight
and intermingle you two lost souls.

Time has no place here -
only hope we dwell by
and thrive at night
- To one in paradise -
I speak of us as so,
my dear Mary skulk in the Northern Lights with me,
for your beauty grants me insight within the dim lies of reality.

SongBird04This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:34 pm:
Aww, I love this! Nice job! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 8:16 pm:
So far, this is my favorite one of your poems. You're so good at capturing deep thoughts like these with exact imagery and vocabulary. You got Poe written all over you. 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 25 at 9:40 pm:
This is so good rocky!! I always love love love imagery and your word choice describes the most beautiful picture ever. Very deep too. Favoriting it ;)

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 3 at 7:17 pm:
wow, that was really good :) i really liked the vocabulary that u used . Great Job !! 

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 29 at 8:28 pm:
I love how your poems about the sanity and the insanity and the souls that live around it and i love your flow and rythm