School

When I think of my school,
while sitting on a stool,
I reflect that it wasn't very cool,
Why everyone was fool,
enough to go to school?

But the thought comes to mind,
And untimately I find,
that school is the place, I know,
where one starts to grow,
and one's life-stream starts to flow.

Why am I being so poetic,
with a mind scientific,
in my opinion, very scientific?
How wonderful is brain!
But it too can stain.

The brain can be stained,
if it isn't, to work, trained,
like a machine which belongs,
to someone, who doesn't use it for long.
So the mental disease will prolong.

Therefore, we go to school,
to change our minds from those of fools,
into minds of creative guys,
and gals; this we cannot buy,
even after thousands of try!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:39 pm:
Though I liked this better than the other ultra-rhymey poem, I still think u need to vary word choice if u rhyme every line with the same sound....but anyways this one I actually loved the idea, it was very well thought out!

AbbaDabbaDooThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 7:49 am:
A very nice and very true poem. You are now in my top ten favorite poets ever!

Swa.Swara.VismayaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 4:37 am:
Its a nice poem..for your first try and your other compositions show that you've grown.. but again you're a very good writer and i always read your work.. :D  

Sunny225LuvsHugsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 24 at 3:57 pm:
i like this one it show the importance of going to school everyday............

HaiDer said...
Mar. 21 at 3:58 am:
yOu are dOing a fab jOb Hamza .. kEep iT uP we aRe wiTh yEw bOi .. :)))

monkeymorganThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 17 at 2:21 pm:
good peom a litle hard to fallow but good all the same

GLoveGGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 12:29 pm:
I find that one interesting. One I might read again, and thoroughly figure out the meaning. I love poems like this.. where you dig deeper the more you read it.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17 at 11:06 am:
Cool! but I must admit I got a little confused in the last stanza.

ZeesquareThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 4:30 pm:
nice work man!

in.this.momentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 12:21 am:
I like it! (: it's really nice..I  love your work

cookiemonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13 at 6:08 am:
I love your work, I always have. Just keep writing like this. Really good.

EnnaGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30 at 11:57 pm:
so true! i love the rhyme!!

YuaniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 16 at 10:15 am:
Haha I find this one comical about school. I like it its very original

loveshersheysThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 15 at 10:14 am:
It's a good poem. I like how you write =)

baileyanneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 14 at 2:53 pm:
Nice use of the comparisons and adjectives... This was a very true and reliable poem haha!! Keep It Up :P

Kiry12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 13 at 2:51 am:
i really like thisXD

country-cuteyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 12:14 pm:
its very good i love ur poems alot

emma_sue_luvs_uThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 11:59 am:
i like the comparisons!

MonsterGirl2000This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 2:18 pm:
i like it...

KanupriyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 10 at 7:46 am:
it's very light....light topic light words...!...d rhyming cud still have been better! :)