The Touch of Lust

Even the most righteous souls,
both young and old,
succumb and fold
to an evil untold

Whose breath skews
the most noble of views
Whose glare ensues,
absent excuse

This terror unmatched,
emotions detached,
is unleashed to attack
those souls unlatched

Whose touch ensnares
just one from a pair
Whose words impair,
absent remorse or despair

It corrupts all trust
with motives unjust
But it acts as it must,
this fiend. This, Lust

For it acts to ensure
the virtue most pure
For if Love can endure,
then Lust shall not lure

Alas, if Love is gripped,
expect a heart to be ripped,
and if both hearts quit,
expect that Love in a crypt

Elizabeth-of-rohanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 23 at 10:57 pm:
You make me feel unworthy to write. Maybe someday I will write like this.

L7SquariaNThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 24 at 5:57 pm :
Poppycock! You, nor anyone for that matter, should feel unworthy of anything. Everyone is different and bring their own zest to the world of writing. Some of your work, I couldn't even imagine creating. Your poem "The Hero" actually inspired to begin working on my first, true epic. So, please, don't stop doing what you're doing :)

Elizabeth-of-rohanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 12:27 am :
Thanks for the encouragement. :) Don't you stop writing either, it inspires me as well.