Mind Reader

I never say what is on my mind
I stand as far as i am told
I raise my hand to inform
I grasp tight the secrets i hold
Because he can find me
he can see me
he can read me
I know the mind reader is watching me
He can see me when i lie
But he can never show his face
He can terrorize my waking mind
He can never leave a trace
And he always sees what is me
he always understands me
he always unravels me
I know the mind reader is watching me
But i must not feel my devotion
I must not think my fear
I must not break his spell
I must not show my tears
I know the mind reader is watching me
But I am watching the mind reader as well

SteelersJdogThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 27 at 10:59 am:
Wow, I just want to say that you're a fantastic writer. This is so deep and thought provoking, it's not even funny. I love how you, once again, progress this poem. The tension increases with the repeated sentence structure at the end, and then the last line flips the script of the entire poem. It goes to show the helplessness that we possess, yet in that helplessness, we have strength. These conflicting ideas are represented so beautifully in your poems. I have been thoroughly impressed ... (more »)

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 15 at 1:23 pm:
Eery, very good writing, great wording, keep writing!

Emma-RileyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 18 at 1:40 pm :
this is awesome! i can kind of feel the paranoia, but also the determination not to let the "mind reader" get the best of him/her. good job