Love and Hate | Teen Ink

Love and Hate

By richrmg BRONZE, Resica Falls, New Jersey
richrmg BRONZE, Resica Falls, New Jersey

“The sane man knows that he has a touch of the beast, a touch of the devil, a touch of the saint, a touch of the citizen. The really sane man knows that he has a touch of the madman.” G. K. Chesterton

Everyone says that they would prefer LOVE to be the strongest emotion. Do people realize when you want something it takes more then just hope or wishing. It takes time, patience and PRACTICE. But I see something that I do not think they see. The human race is a HATEFUL race. We as a species spread pain and despair everywhere we go. The world was a perfect fruitful place before humans came to be. And since we have arrived we have killed and destroyed things for fun and for sport. Humans think that if it doesn't hurt them then it is fine to kill. We don't do this purposely; it is just human nature to be greedy and forceful. We try to be friendly and nice to your neighbors, but you always end up hateful in one way or another. Neither Hate nor Love will ever be destroyed fully because where there is LOVE there is HATE, and where there is HATE there is always Love.

I was inspired by getting into a fight with someone I really care about.