Flying Catastrophe 9.11.01 | Teen Ink

Flying Catastrophe 9.11.01

By Sanah BRONZE, Bridgewater, New Jersey
Sanah BRONZE, Bridgewater, New Jersey

"There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion" -Edgar Allan Poe

Loved ones gone
Blood dripping
Tears shedding
The wish to undo life
The flying disaster hit the page
Letting all the ink sink through
Some calmly sitting and wondering
If what they hear and see is real
Others shocked and screaming
Despondency spread like a disease
Happiness faded within a blink
Innocent lives washed away,
Like a tsunami once more
Confused we doubt the memories today
Why did this happen here?
A question that'll never be answered
Please give one second and take note
That burning that lies beneath you
Take a bottomless breath,
And let it take off
Visualize reality as it is
Never forget the ones you cherished
As long as you live,
Thank god that you're ALIVE.

Hey readers! My name is Sanah Athar. This piece I wrote in dedication to September 11, 2001. To some of you it might have been an extremely tough time if you lost someone. For you, I'd like to say I understand how it feels. I personally have gone though alot in my life. I started writing poetry in the sixth grade. So its been about three years. Im now in the eighth grade. In my spare time [like my summer] I sit around just writing about anything I see or hear. My main inspiration is an auother named Shel Silverstein. Once I read his work I grabbed a pen and paper and started myself. My poems started from scrath. I always used to rhyme in every line, but then I realized that in order to send out a message, you dont need to rhyme. For all of you writer out there, dont be afraid of speaking up. Stand up and make a difference in a persons life. Once you fall down, make sure you get up and dont allow others to step on you. Try to find the message in this poem and begin. Its really easy and i mean that. Wrtiting out your thought arent any different that speaking them.

Sanah BRONZE said...
Sanah BRONZE, Bridgewater, New Jersey

thankyou (:

eMs23 BRONZE said...
eMs23 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
Wow, this really makes you think, its all so shocking. You are a really good writer!

.sanah</3 said...
Dedicated to all 9.11.01. loses and people who had to go through hell just to see sunlight once more.