The lone digger | Teen Ink

The lone digger

By Sage Greulich BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
Sage Greulich BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio

The night was pitch black. The only thing you could see in the dark night was the feint outline of a man digging up the graves of fallen. The same thing happens every night and every night he moves on to a different grave sight. This man seems like he’s searching. Searching for some thing he will never find. The man digs and digs all night long. Every one brave enough to walk past the grave yard at night sees him digging. But in the morning the graves are undisturbed. Not many dare venture past the graveyard even during the day, but those that do often have strange and interesting tales to tell.

They tell their stories to their family and it is passed on until the whole town knows. They more the towns people hear the less they believe there town is safe. Many families leave everyday and there is always a line at the moving truck station and so the town’s people leave one by one until there is no one left to leave and the once thriving town is in ruins the street barren except for the odd cat living of the remains of small left behind pets.