I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

By Emma Civetti BRONZE, Franklin, Massachusetts
Emma Civetti BRONZE, Franklin, Massachusetts

Do you ever feel as though something is bigger than life, that there is something beyond what you see? Or maybe even the presence of a higher power that you cannot understand? This to me is a Religion. Religion is a statement of belief that you share. I think Religion is a beneficial way of life it is part of what makes you who you are. In my eyes and in my life I am a Catholic. I believe that there is one God who loves me no matter what I do, and when I make a mistake I always have a chance to repent and be forgiven. In my life my Religion is something that I strongly value, the reason I believe so strongly in Religion is because I have encountered many times that I have become stronger with the help of God and overcame many struggles. In Religion sometimes it’s easy to predict someone’s religion by their appearance; it may be easy to recognize because it is different, but learning about that persons reasons for their own beliefs and feelings is so much more important. In conclusion to my I believe statement would just be that I respect all of those who might agree or disagree about the outlook I have on life because I am happy with who I am and my religion. I am 100% positive I would never be disrespectful to those who don’t share the same religion as me; because mine will never change.

This writing expresses my perspective on life through Religion. I hope you find it just as meaningful as i do.