The Truth Is.. | Teen Ink

The Truth Is..

By m-vrks SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia
m-vrks SILVER, Lawrenceville, Georgia

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anyone or anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy."

The truth is I've still yet to sleep; You're still all I dream. Those exit wounds- they cut deep; Like they say- there's no "I" in team.. Yet, I'm doing this alone; Fighting a one-sided love war .& I sit- waiting by the phone; Wondering what LOVE really stands for. The truth is I believed you, Everytime you lied. No matter what you'd do, You still put the stars in the sky.. Part of me knew it was over, Just waited for you to speak.& Now, of you, my heart's sober,Yet, I've never felt soo weak. The truth is that I fell for you,& All the promises you made. Now I'm stuck, not knowing what to do, Just waiting for the pain to fade. How am I supposed to walk away, From something that was never really there? How am I supposed to live each day ,Acting like I don't care? I can't.'Cause the truth is that those exit wounds? Yeah, they cut me pretty deep..

This piece is a combination of all those sleepless nights I spent wondering why I didn't leave sooner, yet, how I could go back..