Remember Me | Teen Ink

Remember Me

It's not as deep as it seems, or as unfair as it may be. I'm just here to remind you, remind you not to forget to remember me.

Now I've dodged your questions so much, I don't possess the strength to answer straight.
And no, I'm not afraid, at least not to die. I'm afraid to live, and not know why.
Sweet chemical indifference, I can't stop, can't change the evident.
Predisposed to perpetual sickness. I refuse to let you all witness.
Make sure the needle is clean when you let me go back to sleep. And situate the pieces of the picture underneath my fingers.

It protects me in my dreams, it's not as deep as it seems, and as fair as it may be. I'm just here to remind you, remind you not to forget to remember me.

This poem was written not long ago, but what inspired me to write this was I had a friend, and I actually started to like him. He was really sweet and nice and funny. But anywho, something happened and we're just not friends anymore. To me, it's like he forgot about me. So this is about my friend forgetting, and I want him not to forget. But yea, this one also has to do with other things, it just depends how you look at it. But that's mainly it.