Immortality? | Teen Ink

Immortality?

By GregH2015 SILVER, Omaha, Nebraska
GregH2015 SILVER, Omaha, Nebraska

I want to paint a picture so beautiful that every time you walk by it your soul cleanses itself of the impurities in your heart. I want to write a story so fascinating that every time you close your eyes you’re playing the heroine in a tale where only love can win. I want to change a life that is on the verge of starving itself of hope, into a representative of humanity altering the way the world thinks. I want to accomplish every one of my dreams, and to be the one to tell others to be whatever they want to be. I want to “live like there’s no tomorrow” because if you’re not living your life to the fullest, then what’s the point of even being here? They say that some decisions are a matter of life and death, but what happens if I die trying to live out my dreams? What if my dreams are shut away into the innermost depths of my soul trying to escape and live out the aspirations they were meant to be? What if I die trying?!? …. well at least I’ll have the right to say I attempted to follow my heart’s desires, that I strove to succeed while you sat in the corner trying to figure out why you exist. The world may not notice that I’ve lived, but it will definitely notice something missing when I leave…