Infamous Player | Teen Ink

Infamous Player

Dear infamous player,

I hope I made you realize how big of an idiot you are. It feels good to know that all I had to do was walk into Panera and I got your attention right away. I don’t even need to try to look cute to get your attention. But I’m glad to say that you’re nowhere close to getting this. I will never forget that empowering feeling of flicking you off. The way I gracefully got out of my seat, flipped my hair back, and confidently walked towards the door casually turning around and giving you the bird. Not to mention I looked ten times better as usual thanks to the fact that I had just got my hair cut and styled. Did you even realize that I didn’t give you any attention when you tried going by my table? So stop smirking and acting like a child. It’s getting you nowhere. I don’t need total revenge on you. Just the fact that I know I made you feel low about what you did is just the satisfaction I need. Its funny how you explain to your coworker, who happens to be a friend of mine, it’s a bummer and you want to start talking to me again. HA! You were the one who texted me minutes later, asking if you could talk to me. I told you what to do. Just call me. Anyone can say anything over text; I’m no fool. But you never called. You led me to believe that you actually missed talking to me. You led me to believe from the beginning that we were going to hangout. You led me to believe that you actually thought I was pretty, and cute. I don’t need some scum like you to tell me I’m pretty; that’s what my close friends are for. Oh, and yes, I did just call you scum. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the last time I checked, someone who steals money out of cash registers is automatically considered scum. End of story. I don’t wish for bad things to happen to you. You’re the infamous player, and I pray that one day you finally treat a woman with respect.

Sincerely,
The girl you missed out on

This is for anyone who has ever been played; To anyone who has ever felt like they were nothing. This is for those who just want to say anything they wish to the one that hurt their feelings the most. This is for those who don't let anyone phase them emotionally. This poem is empowering to me and it felt absolutely amazing to let it all out.