A Taste of Life's Downfalls

My life was like a tightrope that I walked upon. And you were right behind to make sure I wouldn’t fall.

My world was full of happiness with you right by my side. And whenever I got lost you were always there to guide. You were my best friend, a friend couldn't have for long. And before I even knew it, you were suddenly gone. My feet gave away and I quickly lost my balance for this was too painful for my heart to manage. The happiness I had in my little world died.

I refused to believe it, I tried and tried. I wanted to wake up and realize that it was just a bad dream but sadly for me, it was reality.

It hit me out of nowhere and knocked me down hard. I felt like there was no air but that wasn’t the hardest part. The hardest part for me was finding out that of all people it was you. And to this day I find it difficult to accept that it’s the truth.

CourtneyElaine said...
that was really good and very emtional..... i loved the sensory imagery at the beggining.... however, i think the end needs tweaking a little as compared to the rest it just wasnt as good... good up the good work though :)

. said...
May 26, 2012 at 9:08 am
Mhm.....I liked your poem, message, I liked the beginning lines that was easy for me to point a picture in My head. Suggestion: maybe add a hook at the end. Keep.it up and that was awesome