A Taste of Life's Downfalls | Teen Ink

A Taste of Life's Downfalls

May 19, 2012
By mjunior SILVER, Hacienda Heights, California
mjunior SILVER, Hacienda Heights, California
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.


My life was like a tightrope that I walked upon. And you were right behind to make sure I wouldn’t fall.


My world was full of happiness with you right by my side. And whenever I got lost you were always there to guide. You were my best friend, a friend couldn't have for long. And before I even knew it, you were suddenly gone. My feet gave away and I quickly lost my balance for this was too painful for my heart to manage. The happiness I had in my little world died.










I refused to believe it, I tried and tried. I wanted to wake up and realize that it was just a bad dream but sadly for me, it was reality.













It hit me out of nowhere and knocked me down hard. I felt like there was no air but that wasn’t the hardest part. The hardest part for me was finding out that of all people it was you. And to this day I find it difficult to accept that it’s the truth.


The author's comments:
This poem is dedicated to my late friend Kelton. R.I.P