Madness | Teen Ink

Madness

July 19, 2008
By Anonymous

My mind is a long hallway with endless doors.

Each door represents a little world.

Every world contains its own thought or idea.

I jump from world to world thinking, planning, connecting, dwelling on each idea.

It's pure madness.

I never stop thinking.

My mind is on steroids it just keeps going and going without even catching a breath.

Thoughts bounce from room to room trying to find its place, never in the right place at the right time.

They never give up, always keeps going and going.

It just doesn't stop.

And when they do stop they have been crafted to perfection, not missing a single detail.

Sometimes it can be days, weeks, months, or even years before every detail is seen and understood.

But sometimes they can't be constructed to perfection.

Never the less, the imperfection is seen and thought about to see if the risk is worth taking.

And if it's worth the risk it never leaves the back of my mind just as a reminder that it can always be better.

But at the end of the day there's a thin line between brilliance and madness.

Brilliance is seen on as highly.

Madness is seen as pitiful behavior.

I can't comprehend the difference.

To me there's a thin line between the two but it all depends on your state of mind.

You must be mad to see such brilliance because ordinary people can not.

If not it wouldn't be brilliant it would be normal or average.

A genius challenges the way of thinking but if not accepted he is set to be a mad man.

So what's the difference between the two?

It's just all pure madness.