Love at a distance | Teen Ink

Love at a distance

By dolphinblu2 BRONZE, Prattsville, New York
dolphinblu2 BRONZE, Prattsville, New York

"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead." -Ernest Hemingway

I walk down the hallway, pondering on each thought. Then I remember everything I was taught. I honestly don't know if I would survive. I sit in that hallway waiting for you to arrive, If only you knew how much it would mean to me. We are really inseparable like it was meant to be. If you came back here, everything would be better. I hope someday soon you receive my letter. You have to realize that I am a big mess. This letter being sent says that you are clearly the best. The best friend I could ask for, not a single person understands. I wish you would walk through that door and take my hands. I trace the memories and keep them inside, I have finally found a reason for our love to survive.

After becoming so close with my best friend, he moved away. Of course I understand that its a part of life, but we were so close that we were almost like siblings. When he moved, it wasn't far away, but it was far enough to the point we never really talked after and our friendship just kind of died. This poem was written in the midst of my sadness, hoping that he would come back.