Just One Word This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Cutting like glass, straight to the bone,
Always bringing pain, pulling me from home,
Left like an island; desolate, alone,
Stinging, like a mace of frosted chrome,
Shot down, like a gun to a bird,
All from the utterance of just one word.

Glambert_Girl said...
May 10, 2012 at 8:12 am:
i like this poem.. it's a very interesting concept.. could you please read some of my stuff?

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
I've always liked short poems that I can relate to and this is one of them! I love it's meaning and I love the rhymes too. I like the figures of speech too and I like this poem as a whole. Kudos on this!

J-Nav said...

hey! nice one. it is short but so meaningful . i like that .i enjoyed the flow of the poem too. keep writing and great work ! :)

maizyiscrazy said...
Gosh, this his straight home. This perfectly describes, without it runing on too long, the way it feels to be cut down by someone, by just one word. Five stars!!!

maizyiscrazy replied...
Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:59 pm :
Sorry, *hits. Whoops!

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 9:52 am:
Wow, this really does show the power of words. I like the way that it ends, sort of abrupt, but not really. Awesome!

dreamshakerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:16 pm:
I love this  - the description you used was very powerful, and I enjoyed the concept you chose. You really packed every word to the brim with meaning and emotion. The last line was particularly impressive

NickyJ said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm:
This very much reminds me of Slam Poetry. The way it reads in my head has the ring to it. I can totally picture someone reciting this up at a mic and then people snapping their fingers afterword lol

The rhyming is extremely well done and its a joy to read. Simple as that.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:59 pm:
Yeah this was good. All it takes is one word to emotionally destroy someone---this you have described perfectly. Fantastic~

SuNshiNe007 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:55 am:
Wow, very creative:) I like it, great Job!

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:23 am :
Ohmygosh! This is really good! Like really really good! I love this, and the truth of it reverberates inside my heart. Don't change a thing, this is perfect! If you would please comment/rate some of my work, i would be so happy!