Why Is My Life A Lie? | Teen Ink

Why Is My Life A Lie?

March 7, 2012
By Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can."


What if you found out that no one has been honest with you? What if everything just changes in the blink of an eye and you don’t know how to feel? What if your whole life unravels before your eyes and you realize that it’s been nothing but a lie? What if your parents kept a secret, maybe several, from you and you find out everything? What if you knew that your father beat your mother on a daily basis before you were born for more than five years and that they had gotten a divorce but they got back together for you? What if he said, one day, that he’s sorry and then smacks her around the very next day? What if you’re the youngest of four and your sister and two brothers witnessed the bruises and blood growing up and sometimes it hadn’t stopped there? What if you knew things you weren’t supposed to and you were scared? What if you found your life crashing and all that’s echoing in your mind is “Divorce,”? What would you do if you had to decide whether to sit and watch it happen or do something about it? What if this was your life?


The author's comments:
This is something that was inspired by a true story. Not from my point of view but by her's.