Where is The Love? | Teen Ink

Where is The Love?

March 7, 2012
By Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
Lexybabyface GOLD, North East, Pennsylvania
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can."


What do you do when you’re a family of three and that’s your world, all you’ve ever known, and you’re suddenly pulled into an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people and you’re supposed to call it home? When your mom, all you ever had, dies and you’re just ten and your sister’s twelve and you don’t know what to do or who to ask for help? What do you do when you’re trying so hard to be the best but it’s not good enough for them and, one day, they decide to put their hands on you and your sister leaving bumps and bruises? What do you do when you move and you think that finally everything will be alright but then you realize that you have to start all over again? What do you do when everywhere you go, you cause sorrow and pain and it’s your entire fault because you’re the source of the problem, and sooner or later, you find that they’ve been pushed to their limit and they are driven crazy just like the last ones? What am I supposed to do when I’m tearing apart a family and it’s all my fault? Please tell me…


The author's comments:
This is based on my life. Enough said.