Disaster

A catastrophe is a hard thing to bear
Like having a best friend say goodbye
Life sometimes is so unfair

A wave approaches without any care
As it crashes on land causing people to die
A catastrophe is a hard thing to bear

The old man stares at a young bird soaring with flare
Wishing that he too can fly
Life sometimes is so unfair

There is movement in the air as the ground starts to tear
A big cloud of dust rises up into the sky
A catastrophe is a hard thing to bear

A model strokes her long glamorous hair
As a victim of bulling runs off to cry
Life sometimes is so unfair

A newlywed widow looks down at the casket to stare
At her husband whose skin is all dry
A catastrophe is a hard thing to bear
It makes life sometimes seem so unfair

fluterocker015This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:58 am:
this is really good  (:

Josika.Nav said...
Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:11 am:
hey! nice one. good comparions. i like the irony and dark humour in the phrase "newly wed widow". the title sums up the whole poem very well. it has a good flow ....but after a point the rhyme scheme feels a little forced . also, i think you mean 'bullying' and not 'bulling'. :) don't worry about all that though, i tend to make the same mistakes. on the whole: great work and keep writing XD oh and i'm happy to hear that you are fine now :D

HoldingFast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this alot. btw whats a villanelle???? i feel like a nub asking that but yeah.... I espically love the newlywedwidow line, it really embodies the pain in my mind.

Taconut7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:35 pm :
Well, a villianelle is kind of hard to explain. It basically has a very complex rhyming scheme invovling only two rhymes, like A and B.

snowleopard100 said...
ItS A little too straightforward for me and the rhyming makes it seem kind of childiish in relation to such a serious topic. Nonetheless I love the comparisons you make and the overall message of the poem. Keep it up