Trials and tribulations of education | Teen Ink

Trials and tribulations of education

By yemeen rehmani BRONZE, Karachi, Other
yemeen rehmani BRONZE, Karachi, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF EDUCATION
Faraway in the sun-shine are my highest aspirations .I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.
The aid of a whip could rob even a beast of prey of its ferociousness; but what perches the enjoyment of seeking and searching in those blossoming minds is the bond of mutual-trust which stimulates a sense of responsibility.
Fostering under such circumstances of ignorance could have a drastic-effect on a child’s future, letting alone in solitude, the in-born genuine greatness, so mournfully congealed to the world.
There is a huge difference between autism (special) and lack of proper attention. For those of my dejected counter-parts, I might appreciate their greatness, for to endure is greater than to dare, to tire out hostile-fortune; to be daunted by no difficulty; to keep heart when all have lost it—who can say this is not greatness?
Angrily, I hold the collar of a boy of medium-size, in school, ill-treating a smaller boy, and demanded the reason for his misbehaving. His reply subdued me and gives me some-thing to think over. He said,” The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that’s fair!”
In these words, he explained the history of human-race.
Only negative-idea primed me that ignorance at the part of school developed nothing in them, but what was evil, and left the good un-touched, and evolved until the ignorant jeer ,”The reasonable man adopts him-self to the world; the un-reasonable one persists in trying to adopt the world to him-self . There-fore all progress depends on the un-reasonable-man”.
Ignorance of such delicate little plants had provoked many to state that the real nature of education is at variance with the account given of it by certain teachers, for ignorance is contagious to/bespatter the natural will of a child; a punishment for being young, dreading expressiveness out of the ignorant.

Indeed the mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled there. There is an ounce not doubt that a person thrives on his teachers even if he lives in a quite well-to-do-environment. It is the teacher whom he follows; it is he whom a student imitates. Alexander the Great once said, “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well”.
This as it posits teacher in a great parental-stance, puts greater responsibility on their shoulder, because with great power comes great responsibility and it is a great power that teachers have on the minds of students and Imparting education is indeed, the learning of human-souls to what is best and making what is best out of them
I am indebted to my teachers and every teacher for their in-valuable services in nation-building; it might be my narrow-mindedness to pull them under criticism, but again, it is the ignorance of many hones, developing into criminal-tendencies.
I would heartily like to talk about Thomas-Edison, a renowned scientist, whose school-life did not hailed him as great. . It is in fact nothing short of a miracle that ignorance had not entirely strangled the curiosity of inquiry in him. The seedling, aside from stimulation stands mainly for freedom and essential, without which it goes to wreck without fail.
It is indeed true that the task of his training might be discouraging for teachers, but teachers please!
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but the seeds you plant.
If you are truly serious about preparing your child for future, don’t teach him to subtract, but to deduct. To teach is to touch the heart and impel it to action. There’s something you might have not noticed: You might be aware of your words, but you would be void of what your profession posits, hereby unaware of what you are teaching. Ethics could limit us to only such purposes and ideals. Indeed teaching in it-self is a very appalling profession, as demonstrated in Aamir Khan’s” Three Idiots” and “Taare Zameen par”, for it surely allures a teacher’s path from ethics to psychology, if she seeks the in-sight into the means by which her aims could be achieved, into the facts by which a child can be molded….!!!!!
Nothing in this world is permanent, nor can be attributed to be ideal reflection of God’s perfection; the Nature in it-self is an exception, but not the dwellers. Yet to over-come the dweller’s nature and instead to prepare for a life of ideals, to inhibit personal-desires, and instead to learn to serve the higher-purposes indeed demands most serious and systematic-efforts. It is the teacher’s task to make these efforts with all his best knowledge of mind and body, of social- and cultural- values.
“Water flows down-hill any-how, but to bring the water up-hill, hydraulics-forces are indeed necessary”.
To entice the impulse artificially, that is of those who have no interest in us, is indeed a very daunting installation, and to arrest the attention, hour after hour and year after year, not of one, but of a multitude of students, who have nothing in common with us, not even years, is indeed a super-human-under-taking. Yet this is the task of a teacher, or as she would say, her art to make this assembly of children, whom she has reduced to immobility by discipline, imitate her; a reflex action, which she cannot govern, as she governs the position of their bodies, but which she must win from within; the captivation of infra-waves from the heart, by making once-self interesting and maintaining that interest. The main objective of education should be corresponding with the object of life, acquainting its bearer with the resources of his mind, inflaming him with a piety towards the Grand-mind in which he lives.
It is indeed nothing less a bitter-truth that poverty lays therein ignorance of the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the purest soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure, by a lasting impression on these angelic-cherubs, who attributed by the wet-cement are affected by whatever falls on them. Thereto there can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats it children.
But, indeed in the world of knowledge, the idea of good appears last of all and is seen only with effort. “There are count-less ways of achieving greatness, but any road to achieving one’s maximum potential is built on a bed-rock of respect for individual, a commitment to excellence and rejection of mediocrity.
The trust you places on one-self, if amazingly mingles with the desire to bring a change and bouncing-back to situations, would surely culminate into shooting for moon, which even if one accidently misses upon, would nevertheless be fruit-ful in landing among stars………!!!!!!!!!!

on Mar. 3 2012 at 3:44 am
yemeen rehmani BRONZE, Karachi, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Touching.......!!!