The Life of an Unforgiving Soul | Teen Ink

The Life of an Unforgiving Soul

February 15, 2012
By Janae0819 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio
Janae0819 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Shoot for the moon even if you miss you'll land among the stars" -Les Brown


Everything is changing for the worst. Fate is twisting i can't control the mess I'm in. There's nothing left for me to do. The sky is getting dark and the future is fading out of my reach. I'm tempted by the darkness and hate starts to surround me. I'm looking for a great escape. I only have one more night. I beg of you to come and take me away, show me what freedom is like, make it a night that will change my life. But you never come for me. I scream at the top of my lungs but no one hears me. My Voice gets lost in the air. My lungs burst as i realize I was left here to rot in the depression that obsesses over me. I can see my heart burst into flames scorching me from the inside out. The smell of burning flesh penetrates my nose, it hurts, I stop breathing but it doesn't kill me. No. I still live on with this never ending pain. The fire feasts and devours me and all I have worked to become. I hear a symphony of screams shower over me, it takes a few minutes before I realize the screams are mine. The fire is never satisfied and the flames consume my world before I can find myself. I'm alone again. It takes me back to the beginning, a whole new horror that has yet to become. A life of depression and regret, of sadness and pain, of failure and lost dreams. This world is a living hell.

The author's comments:
i wrote this in 2011 and its just about some of the rough times i had and what i felt my journey was like.