The true meaning of Prejudice | Teen Ink

The true meaning of Prejudice

February 24, 2012
By Danishroll SILVER, Scottsburg, Indiana
Danishroll SILVER, Scottsburg, Indiana
6 articles 10 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Shot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!


Most people think we know the meaning of the word, Prejudice. But if you think about it









do you really know the meaning?
Prejudice is like the brown, dirt road that never comes to an end.
Prejudice is a pool of tears from people that has lost their kids, mom,dad,and friends.
Prejudice is the sound of weeping coming from the Jewish mothers that lost their little








boys and girls from the Holocaust.

Prejudice is when we are fighting just because we have different religions.




Prejudice is the tears of pain that come from the heart.
Prejudice is the fear of all Jews that something like the Holocaust will happen again.
Prejudice is like school, all the gays, lesbians, and bisexuals are treated differently









because of the way their heart is.



Prejudice is just like acne, nobody wants it and nobody likes it.






Prejudice is like the smell of the dead.






Prejudice is like the taste of rotten fruit.
So ask yourself this are you Prejudice? Do you REALLY know what the true meaning is?


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem because my language arts teacher had us do it as an assignment. I wasn't to happy about it at first but then I made a choice to give it a lot of thought and I certainly did. I just looked around me. There are prejudice people everywhere. Just look around you! I hope you've enjoyed this poem. Thanks for reading! :)