Do I Dare to Ask?

Roses are red,
And violets are blue.
Movies make me smile,
And so do you.
You make me laugh,
And it's a struggle not to let it show.
The reason why is a mystery;
I just don't want you to know.
Another mystery,
Is why I'm so nervous when you're around.
Maybe I'm afraid to mess up,
So I can barely make a sound.
Time is running out,
And I must makie this dangerous decision of mine.
So do I dare to ask,
"Will you be my Valentine?"

spency said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm:
OMG,im loving this,good work

FutureSceneQueen said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm:
This is SO cute! i love this. a lot of people could relate too :-)

RedFeatherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:22 am :

Thanks a million - to all of you. I'm just really glad to get any kind of  feedback at all on my poems. I'm really glad that I took the time to write this. Too bad that the person I wrote it for turned out to be such a jerk.

Oh well, any experience that I get a good poem out of has to be worth it.

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:22 am:
Very good! You did a great job with it!

savetheplanet said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:38 pm:
Dude, so cute! You should've put it in the front of his locker Valentine's Day and have it be from a secret admirer. :) I didn't even know you were a girl.

Feb. 16, 2012 at 7:20 am :
Yeah, I was going to, but somebody gave my friend a note to give to me asking me the same thing, so I didn't (but this same someone chickened out when I went to talk to him and claimed that he didn't write it.) But there's always next year I guess. Yeah I'm a girl, but I guess it is kinda hard to tell when your screenname doesn't include the words chic, girl, boy, or such. That's the frustrating thing about websites like this. You meet alot of other people who share your interest/passion for wri... (more »)

savetheplanet replied...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 7:40 pm :
Well the only thing I can tell you is love favors the bold. He'll never know if don't tell him. :)