Some Day The Sun Will Come And Shine | Teen Ink

Some Day The Sun Will Come And Shine

January 20, 2012
By Anonymous

Life is a journey, and puzzle to finds ones self. I sit here and wonder what it would be like with you in my life; we talking and laughing together. With you by my side, the sun always shining. But the days go on covering the past like cards covering jacks in game of slap jack. There you left me, in that motherless orphanage, then you disappeared. You left me with endless cribs of crying babies awaiting a new life, hoping that the sun will come and shine. Thirteen years and you never showed up and…you never showed up. Did you forget about me? After all these years, I have faith in you.
Here the sun is bright, but never shining; life is blooming, people bursting with joy, but something is missing….a piece of me, a story. Is this what you wanted, for me? Mother-- live with doubts and wonder? To grow up and never let go? The questions pound on me as if I was a door. I cry inside and out for you…..I drown. You are the face I never knew; you are the voice I’ll never recognize. You are the hands that touched me so very long ago, but you let me go. You are the eye’s that shed tears that sparkled and glistened, like little gems as I do now.
A house surrounds me; I have a family that cares, and friends who are close. But you are still missing…..Will the sun ever come and shine? How I miss you so. I may never know you, and you’ll never know how it hurts me. I will always have that scar, the scar that “taunts” me, and won’t be quiet, the one makes me cry. I know you’re out there somewhere and even if you’re not, you’ll always be in my heart and mind until I’m gone too the sun will come and shine!

The author's comments:
Dedicated to my family for giving me a Sunshine Life.