If I had 20 Seconds... | Teen Ink

If I had 20 Seconds...

May 2, 2008
By Anonymous

If I had 20 seconds to talk to you, I would have told you everything.
I would have told you that I’m sorry for never noticing how much you loved me.
I would have made you breakfast in bed, if I had known that you were sick with the flu.
I would have talked to you or sang you a lullaby, before you went to sleep.
I would have stayed to be by your side, if I had known that you were in the hospital.
I would have saved up my extra earning to take you on a trip to Hawaii, if I had known that you wanted to travel.
I would have taken you out to dinner, if I had known that it was your birthday.
I would have wanted to help take care of the baby if I had known that you were busy making dinner.
I would have played a song for you if I had known that you were bored.
I would have massaged your back if you had told me that you felt sore.
I would have taken you out for a stroll around the neighborhood if I had known you felt like taking a walk outside.
I would have wanted to help baby-sit if you would of just spoke up and asked me.
I would have done everything for you if you just asked me.
I am sorry for never noticing how hard you worked just to take care of me.
If I had just noticed earlier when I was young you wouldn’t be in the condition that you are in now.
Now I know that I’m thankful for you to come into my life.
I’m grateful for everything that you had done for me.
I don’t know how to explain this to you in a thank you note but I know all I can say to you is three words that if you heard from my voice you would be touched.
And those three words are…” I love you.”