The night say good night | Teen Ink

The night say good night

By hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri
hhbunny13 GOLD, Linn Creek, Missouri

You don't have to like them to respect them

I opened the window then I felt the wind hit my face, the warm light blue soft sheets
Kept me from the night but I liked the outside at night. I was unknown to the world,
The lake water smelled fishy and the smell of the trees filled the little room in the back,
I liked sleeping on the top bunk because I could see the world but it couldn’t see me,
The night sound filled my ears making me want to sleep, coyotes singing to the moon,
Owls talking in to the night, water splashing, trees rustling almost dancing, wind whispering
But all of these things were hidden from my eyes except some I could see barely through the dim moonlight. Stars like lights, the water moving in the moon light, the other fires across the lake,
As I laid my head on my pillow I started to fall asleep, then I shut the window, and like before so quietly it would never be known. Now I knew that nature had said good night to me, now I say
Good bye until tomorrow night when the night would come alive again. This was my good night song.

This is a snap shot of the night when I use to go camping with my grandfather before he broke his hip.