Wasting Time in a Work Period

I wrote this poem in a classroom bright
Half-asleep from a late, late night
“Laptops out!” the teacher had said.
“Ka-ching!” replied the voice in my head.

I’m supposed to be working on some big essay.
I’m sure to regret this come the night of Sunday
But for now, iPod in, I’m feeling cool
Who would’ve known you could write poems in school?

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ha! I've done that before.

mmb77 said...
I gave it two out of five. I think it's funny that you wrote it while you were supposed to write an essay, I've been there. Still, it's choppy and I don't think the title fits. With a little revising I think you could fix the flow, and title thing is just me being picky.

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:10 am
I like- it's cute and funny, and makes it better that you actually wrote it in school- the title could have been better, but that's the only thing I can say- this made me laugh!

DinoGirl said...
Wow... I like it... it's a little... mmm... hard to follow I guess... then again I like hardly ever read poetry. I think it's a little too... abrupt and there's a lot of stuff going on in a really short period of time. It kinda seems rushed. I like your fiction romance stories better. :D

dolphinportkey7 replied...
That's okay; I literally just wrote this in school, bored with what we were supposed to be doing. XD

DinoGirl replied...
Really? Haha- then that was pretty good. :D As you can tell from the rating I gave it I liked it and my original comment is kinda confusing because I didn't know how to phrase what I was trying to say but I do like it. I just am not a huge poetry person. I'm a book reader :D