Distance | Teen Ink

Distance

By fOrGiV3N-- BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
fOrGiV3N-- BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada

"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take."

"If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then you would realize how special you are to me."

"The hardest part of loving someone is knowing when to let go and knowing when to say goodbye."

"There's things we don't want to happen but have to accept, and people we can't live without and have to let go.."

"Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them."

"Missing someone isn't about how long since you've last seen them.. It's about the very moment where you wish they were there with you."

"Memories are a way of holding on to things you love, and things you never want to lose."

"You make me cry so much - yet I'm still not leaving you. Cos if I do, I'll cry even more."

"When you feel like giving up, think of all the struggle you had to go through to get to where you are now."

"Just because she doesnt have 100+ likes on her profile pic, it doesn't mean she's not gorgeous. She's pretty, it's just society that's ugly."

"Some people make my world special, just by being in it."

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

"It's not that I want to leave... I just want the best for you. Even if it means swallowing down the sad reality that you DO deserve better."

"You're weird and have many imperfections... but that's the reason I chose you, and the reason why I love you. (:"

"You may have forgiven me, but I'll never be able to forgive myself for all the pain I caused you..."

We’ve been best friends for over a year
And every time I see you with him, I cry tears.
My heart aches so much that I can barely breathe
Without you by my side, my life is incomplete.

You guys are surely in love, and I can’t stop you two
I guess I’ll deal with the pain, and try to be happy for you.
I can’t close my heart to the things I don’t want to feel
My heart is too shattered, too broken, to ever heal.

You tell me stories about how much fun you have with him, and how much you’re enjoying life
All I can do is listen in agony while your words stab me through my heart like a razor-sharp knife.
Hate, envy, loneliness… they all fill my soul
I don’t know how much longer I can stand this empty hole.

You truly deserve someone better… someone who can treat you right
A friend who will make you happy, a friend who won’t get into fights.
It’s not that I want to leave, and I know for a fact you don’t want me to
It’s just that I’m becoming exceedingly tired of chasing after you.

I won’t stop you from loving him because I know he’s your soul mate
I could’ve told you how I felt about this situation, but now it’s way too late.
I long for the old times when it was just you and me, and no absence
But from this day forward, all we’ll ever have is distance.

Just expressing my thoughts. My best friend and I have been having some problems lately, and I just wanted to tell her how I felt.