Seven Shades

I’ve been scribbled on this page,
In seven shades of black and gray.
My demented author signs his name,
And all at once my colors fade.

I’ve been cheated on this page,
By seven shades of another name.
Since my paper heart was broken,
My pages haven’t turned the same.

I’ve been rusting on this page,
In seven shades of mold and decay.
And a tiny hint of aquamarine,
Taken from the plumber on Toilet Day.

I’ve been easing off this page,
In seven shades of ache and pain.
I’m off to find a poet who won’t,
Inscribe me in such a ruthless way.

And if such a poet I can’t find,
I’ll limp back to my former page.
And splatter myself below his name,
In seven shades of black and gray.

Miss_OrangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 3:49 am:
I like how this has a nice rythym to it. this deserves more rates and comments! 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24 at 5:24 pm :
I think I'd sound cocky if I agree with you and I dont want to sound cocky....

Miss_OrangeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 25 at 9:45 am :
I would not find it cocky as others would but it does help show your modesty, of which you are greatly so. but know that whether you agree or not, I will always think that this deserves an abundance of reviews and a universe full of stars. :) 

today at 6:55 pm :
Thank you captain.

Direflame said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:35 pm:
Amazingly deep poem by a master of the arts, one thing bothers me though, the truth that a single word change could change the whole story, the change from page, to cage. [At least in the last stanza.]

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:29 pm:
  Preferences § 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = Backspace   Tab q w e r t y u i o p [ ]   Return     capslock a s d f g h j ... (more »)

Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:29 pm :
WHAAATTTT!!!??? Is that....DESPURLOCK?!?!?!. We dont know how you got here, BUT WE MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH!!! Forever loved Captain, forever loved.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:19 pm :

Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:37 am :
We'll gladly recieve all characters so long as we recieve you too Captain. Submit to us! Submit to us!!!

Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:38 am :
Receive???

savetheplanet said...
I love it Boosflash! :)

Jan. 18, 2012 at 12:09 pm :
Thanks! Ya know,you're really awesome right about now.

savetheplanet replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:11 pm :
LOL I know I am... :)

Aderes47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is very good! Love it! :) It reminds me of me and my writing. How's your English class going this year?

Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm :
My love, my love, I am so sorry for not respondating sooner. I am thanking you SO VERY MUCH for timing the take to commmentate. Uh...dont remeber talking about an english class so.....I guess its going great :) Fait ta danse.

Aderes47This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:54 am :
You are so welcome!

Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:57 am :
And you are so awesome!