Revival | Teen Ink

Revival

December 31, 2011
By butnowamfound BRONZE, Richardson, Texas
butnowamfound BRONZE, Richardson, Texas
4 articles 1 photo 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Psalm 73:24-26
Your wisdom will be my guide, and later you will put me in a place of honour. Whom have I in heaven but you? and having you I have no desire for anything on earth. My flesh and my heart are wasting away: but God is the Rock of my heart and my eternal heritage.

Romans 10:14-15
But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? ....That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”


Shadows slant across the char-grilled world- mournful memories. (Ash and dirt)- a thick, suffocating blanket of dark regrets covers all. But a few gasping embers still cling to life, though now most dead, cold, and fallen in complacent narcolepsy. Once the fuel of blazing Aspiration, Passion, and burning Ambition; how long it seems since the flames leaped heavenward roaring joyful hope! Filaments of dreams, their glow lies now disguised under a smoldering layer of dust and dead fragments. For a score of ages now thus has it stood.

Though ashamedly, I rejoice merciful ashes bury the carnage comfortably out of sight. The burns upon my skin are yet too painful for me to seek to rejuvenate and bring to life this dying light. There may yet be wood inside the furnace, but courage enough is lacking to find out. How could it be borne, to know this flame would never again be seen valiantly hiding the darkness? Better, easier, to never know or not. Besides, to blow away the ashes would be to expose the scars which are now in dumb oblivion.

Is, can, how could this be worth it? My finger makes patterns in the dust.


The author's comments:
This poem is meant to describe the struggle one undergoes after being forced to let go of a dream.