But I did Anyway

These simple words I said that day
When I had made the choice to stay
To stay and wait for a friend of mine
Who was not having a good time.

He said to me, 'you didn't have to'
But it was something I had wanted to do
A simple act to show a friend
I'll do my best until the end
And so I turned my head to say,
'But I did anyway.'

cut-out-ur-eyes said...
aw cute ^_^

TheWrittenMe said...
This was sweet. I really enjoyed it. Simple but meaningful. Very nice.

G. said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:31 am
I really liked it, sometimes poems don't need to be long, or very rich in description, because in reality, it is the action that matters, and that's what you showed through this poem. Keep up the good work! (And please comment on the song lyrics I wrote, (The daily life of a cog) I am craving feedback, even if negative)

DarkenAngel94 said...
yes i loved it, it shows you will be there thru everything!

G. replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:33 am
I really liked it, sometimes poems don't need to be long, or very rich in description, because in reality, it is the action that matters, and that's what you showed through this poem. Keep up the good work! (And please comment on the song lyrics I wrote, (The daily life of a cog) I am craving feedback, even if negative

cookiestar said...
Jan. 1, 2012 at 4:44 am
this is a nice sweet poem.

rainbowbutterflyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
that is really really good

hanging_girl_666This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
So sweet! If that was on a ca out of a million cards I'd pick that one to give to a friend!!