Home To Me | Teen Ink

Home To Me

By Dancer9404 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Dancer9404 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Quiters never win and winners never quit."

Home to Me On the way to the grocery store my mom always says “I hope I don’t see anyone I know” even though every time we do. That’s just what I get for living in a small town. Yes, Cannon Falls is a small town and will always be home to me. I like living in Cannon Falls because one it’s a small town, two most of my family is here, and I like growing up here.

My favorite thing about Cannon Falls is that it is a small town. I like living in a small town because everybody knows everybody and I always see someone I know. Which means you will always get caught, so I would recommend not getting into trouble. It’s also really nice that there are no big buildings or factories that they have in big cities. That is why Cannon Falls being a small town is my favorite reason I like it here.

Another reason I like living in Cannon Falls is because my family is here. It’s great to have them around whenever I need them, and I know that they are always willing to help, listen, encourage, or just to be someone to lean on. My aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, and cousins are here and always will be. It’s really nice that I get to see them more than just on Christmas, Easter and all the other holidays.

My third reason I like Cannon Falls is because I love growing up here. Being a Bomber fan, always cheering on the home team, it just wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t the Bombers on the field. Another thing is that I always feel safe, whether it’s walking home from school or staying home alone.

Cannon Falls will always be home to me. Being a small town, family is close by. So whether its seeing someone I know at the grocery store or watching the Bombers win a game. Cannon Falls will always be home to me!

I wrote this piece because I felt it was important in my life.