Wishing for Amnesia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Memories marred by the attempts to delete them,
She doesn’t know what really happened anymore.
The Incident becomes incidents become “it happens all the time.”
Now all she knows
Is that it happens all the time.

Denial becomes excuses becomes I’m sorrys and
“What do you want me to do?”
It’s too late. She’s already afraid.

Afraid to be pitied,
She clutches her teddy bear, swallows her tears
And allows them to read her a story.

silver roses said...
May 13, 2010 at 9:51 pm:
very beautiful poem, i loved it.

Sarahnade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 13, 2010 at 8:53 pm:
Well, I'm not going to say I can relate to this because that phrase is covered. So is "Keep writing" and "Read mine" so not those either. What I will say is that you reached the part of me that appreciates the psychology of tragic situations. I'm assuming that this is one of those situations, so it makes me worry about the inspiration behind it, but that I'm also not going to ask about. I only hope this encourages you and helps you envoke the same feelings again because I really appreciate the r... (more »)

Zoeee93 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 13, 2010 at 3:45 pm:
wonderful!! I love how the lines all flow. you have talent! :)

Ashee97 said...
May 13, 2010 at 2:38 pm:
wow, this poem is really great! :) i love it, you have got some special talent and i can certianly see why this was voted first place. keep on writing awesome poetry and dont let anything stop you! if i could rate this more than 5 stars, i totally would. id give it like a million stars! your stuff makes mine look like trash! so keep up the great work, youre doing great! :)

GreenLover said...
really nice work. i like it. can you take a look at my poem "my child, my son" i really appreciate it thanks :)

inspir3d This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 13, 2010 at 7:58 am :

Powerful. i can really feel the emotion here.  Easy to identify with, and it makes you curious about the story behind the words.

Could you check out my poem Desperate? i think you would like it!!

meyoubed:) replied...
May 13, 2010 at 8:58 am :
both of your poems sucked you need to stop faken it and put the real stuff on there

May 13, 2010 at 9:24 am :
look how cool you are! woww!

GreenLover replied...
May 13, 2010 at 11:47 am :
^^^^^ that person (meyoubed :))is so rude they have nothi better to do they are just jelouse

Petra S. said...
greatpoem. I know howshefeels. lol

iliketac0s said...
amazing. great job.

tearingheart said...
it's really good.

ItsaFunnyThing said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 8:54 am:
Wow.  great job

AllysenBursex3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 8:32 am:
This poem is mad raw yo. Like really. I love this poem. I wrote something similar to it once- it was garbage compared to this. Lol. Good job (:

Whisperer said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 7:04 am:

really like this. i've often thought about anmesia and stuff. so this kinda follows that. thanks for sharing :)

check out my stuff if you like

MessyJessie said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 6:24 am:

i love it. 

its sooo good(:

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 5:32 am:
this is so good!!!!!!!!!

K.T.DID said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 10:05 pm:

oh my gosh i totally am this story. My best friend goes through that and all i can do is try to help and she tells me "What do you want me to do?" she's scared of herself.

you wrote me

HaleyH. said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 9:00 pm:
loved it! anyone can relate to it, which is difficult to accomplish in writing, at least for me.  great work!!

greeneyed_girl94 said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 7:16 pm:
this is amazing... please keep writing